Thursday 10 February 2011

Busy busy busy!

I've been having a very busy time over the past few days, I've just started a new job that sees me working from 10am until 6pm, 6 days a week, and it will soon be taking me to Holland for 3 weeks! Phew! So my sewing time has been sadly depleted, and for this reason I don't have much to report on the project front, but here is my progress on the Crepe dress so far:

Bodice with sashes attached

I'm about 3 steps behind, Gertie has already posted the final directions on her blog, and I still have a fair way to go, but I'm liking how it's looking so far. Hopefully it will be finished in time for Valentine's day!

Also, do you remember my Vintage Revamp Red Blouse? I've finally gotten round to getting rid of those nasty white buttons and have sewn on some lovely red ones :) so it's completed at last and I think it looks perfect!

Pretty buttons!

Also I have decided to make a slight amendment to my make-not-buy promise for this year, I have decided that vintage finds and thrifting don't count! I feel that this won't make a big difference to what I'm trying to do, because I still want to make the majority of my clothes, but this means that I can occasionally treat myself and if I'm panicking because an outfit isn't ready for an event then I will have a way out of the situation that doesn't involve rushing out to a high street shop. So here are some recent little vintage finds of mind for your enjoyment:

Beautiful vintage peignoir - the glamour!
Darling little fur collar :)

Hopefully I will be able to keep posting regularly during the next few weeks, but if my writing becomes a bit sporadic please bear with me! For now TTFN :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...