Sunday 6 February 2011

Pendrell Blouse - Completed!

I have completed my first handmade garment of the year! The Pendrell Blouse is finished and to celebrate I took it out for a stroll :)





Being a tad OCD I can see quite a few imperfections in my finished blouse, but I'm trying very hard to ignore them and focus on the positives! I love this pattern for one, it came together beautifully and I will definitely be trying it again, maybe then I'll get it just perfect! :) I also love the colour and do feel very girly pretty in it. It's nice that something so simple can make you feel so elegant.



I'm happy with the finished product, and I feel that I learnt a lot during it's construction. Tasia put a great amount of detail into every step so I felt like I was going back to basics and really making sure that everything was done properly. It was a great sew-along, I enjoyed it throughly, and I'm looking forward to taking the blouse out on the town soon!


Hat - Vintage (gift)
Top - Pendrell Blouse, made by me
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Belt and Tights - Topshop
Shoes - New Look

All pictures taken by my Sweetheart :)

12 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

LOVE it!

Tilly said...

So pretty! The colour really suits you and the fabric is very glam.

Miss Tami Lee said...

That's such a pretty colour on you! And I've been looking for tights like those for ages!

Casey said...

I love your Pendrell blouse--the fabric is so pretty! Pat yourself on the back--this is a beautiful version! :)

♥ Casey

Katie said...

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! You've made me a very happy bunny :)

Tasia said...

I love your pretty-in-pink version! It's lovely, and you have great photos to show it off too. Thanks for the awesome feedback on the sew-along, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

fia said...

I absolutely love your blouse! I would have never pictured it in a satin, but it's incredibly glamorous, very sophisticated! Nice work!

(tasia's sister sofia!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some fab tights! And the Pendrell is amazing - love the shiny pink, you wear it so well.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful baby. Such a great subject for photography, you are...

Rhia said...

Very cute blouse that turned out to be! I would have it in my wardrobe any day ;)
I love the second to last photo where you are standing on the stump.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! And how cool find someone with the same challenge! I'm also making my own clothes for a year. I'm almost halfway, but I already know it's gonna last!

Caroline C. said...

I love those stockings! You. Are. A. Babe! And of course lovely work on that Pendrell blouse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...