Tuesday 28 June 2011

My knitting may take over the world...

Seriously. It's getting ridiculous.

Possibly the biggest knitting EVER. Or at least it is in my book...

I've been working on the rowan dressing gown for several weeks now and I just wasn't fully prepared for how big it actually was. Plus is growing so fast, it has suddenly become this giant wooly creature that takes over any room that it's in! It's almost starting to scare me a little bit. I'm quite sure it could get up and walk if it wanted to. World domination is surely only a matter of time for such a large knitted item. Or perhaps I'm just going crazy after knitting in the sudden sweltering heat that has hit the UK...

In other news this is my 100th post! Woo hoo! Thanks for reading, I love having you here :)

7 comments:

Jennie said...

It's good to be here! I'm sure the gown won't be as scary on a cold morning in Winter, just really snuggly

Unknown said...

So intrigued to see what this will look like! x

LandGirl1980 said...

Can't wait until it is finished!!

Rhia said...

I'm sure it will be lovely after it's finished :) I'm a bit intimidated by knitting since I would love to knit a long dress, but I can't seem to finish even smaller knits... Imagine, knitted 30's style dress would be lovely! Perhaps I should turn to my knitting machine to make it faster ;)

MissGinger said...

looking knitastic! you have done well - looking good. x

Wendy Bayford said...

Oh my that is going to look amazing!!

Katie said...

Jennie - It is snuggly! It's so big I have to drape it over my legs when I work on it. Unfortunately for me it's so hot right now that I feel like I'm cooking when I'm knitting!

Hannah - me too, I just hope it turns out well!

LandGirl1980 - me either, and hopefully it'll be colder then so I can actually wear the dressing gown :)

Rhia - I have always wanted to knit up a dress, they always look so beautiful. Maybe after this project I'll try a dress, or maybe I'll be sick of bigger projects and want to work on something really small!

MissGinger - Thank you! And you get points for using the word "knitastic" - amazing!

Wendy - Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...