Monday 7 November 2011

Edinburgh Adventures - Bibi's Bakery

Happy Monday my lovely readers!

So remember when I said that I was going to keep things simple by posting about my Oxford adventures before I started with Edinburgh? Well that's not going to happen because I managed to forget that in order to get my lovely adventures pictures from my camera and onto my new laptop that I need to load the programs onto said new laptop (although I can;t be too sad because I have a new laptop, hurray!). I have yet to do this so obviously those Oxford posts are going to have to wait until I get back home and have a second to sort things out. Because after all, what's a blog post without piccies?? This also means that all my lovely fancy Edinburgh photos will have to wait a bit too, but for now I have been making do with my trusty iPhone, so that I can at least share some loveliness with you all :)

Long story short, let me show you one of my more yummy Edinburgh adventures thus far... Bibi's Bakery!


I was recommended Bibi's Bakery by a cupcake-loving friend, and as a bit of a self confessed cupcake connoisseur I couldn't resist paying them a visit, plus the bakery is just a 15 minute walk from the Playhouse where I'm working. But my goodness I didn't expect how glorious this bakery would be.

The second that I walked into the bakery I was bowled over by the smell of freshly make cakes and brownies, all of which are baked, iced and decorated on site. The trip was worth it for this smell alone! Everything was set out beautifully, with big window displays full of cupcakes plus counters heaving with all kinds of baked goods. I was in heaven.








I loved the variety of flavours on offer, you had your classics like chocolate and vanilla and red velvet, together with some more interesting and exotic choices (chocolate chilli!) plus a few containing classic chocolate bars (malteasers and smarties actually baked into cupcakes, swoon!). I spent a while umming and ahhing over what I might like to take back with me because of the sheer amount of choice on offer, and I have to say that the service was brilliant, I wasn't rushed and the lovely ladies were more than happy to give me recommendations and tell me what their personal favourites were. All in all it was a great trip and I would happily visit again (and let's be honest it's so close to work that I probably will!).

And yes, I did leave with some goodies in tow, and yes, they were as tasty as they look...




As it was bonfire night over the weekend I decided that the chocolate biscuit cake was also a good option, just look at the little chocolate stars, it was so pretty :) I didn't get to go to any proper displays this year (although we did have a little fireworks night at my Sweetheart's parents' house in Oxford, more on this later!) so I had to be satisfied with my bonfire night-esque chocolate covered treat. I can't say that I really had much to complain about, it was delicious!


So there you have it, if you're in Edinburgh go and visit Bibi's Bakery, if you're a fan of a good cupcake you won't be disappointed!

I hope you all had a wonderful Bonfire Night weekend hopefully filled with cakes and yummies of your own :)

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cakes look gorgeous! I made my own this weekend, alas saw no fireworks, heard plenty though hah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...