Saturday 25 August 2012

If You Really Knew Me...


I recently read this blog post over at the wonderful Sometimes Sweet and it got me thinking about the differences between my blog world/real world. Blogging is a wonderful thing but we all censor ourselves a little bit don't we? There are certain things we choose not to share with our readers, which is completely natural, but sometimes I think it's pretty cool to have a little peak into someone's real life and see the actual person behind the blog.  So in the name of if-not-full-at-least-part disclosure, I thought I'd take a leaf out of Danielle's book and give you a bit more of a personal glimpse into my life. Here goes...

If you really knew me...

you'd know that I'm a secret blogger. Hardly any people from my real life read my blog as I was always worried people would laugh and not understand why I would want to write a blog. It's only quite recently that I've told more of my friends about this blog and been brave enough to show them every side of my personality.

you'd know that I can't bring myself to eat baked beans. There's just something about them, they freak me out.

you'd know how much this blog means to me. I never could have imagined when I started writing this blog (nearly two years ago!) how much I would learn about myself, how many wonderful people I would meet and how many opportunities would start to open up for me. I'm so thankful for this outlet which makes my life that little bit brighter and more colourful and I'm so grateful for each one of you that takes the time to read it :)

you'd know that I'm currently in the process of moving in with my Sweetheart and the whole thing simultaneously thrills and terrifies me. Whilst the idea of living with my first and only love brings me more joy than I could possibly imagine, it's also the most scared I have been about doing anything in a long time. Plus moving out of my family home and living away from my parents really devastates me. Sometimes it's the things we want the most that can be the hardest things to do.

you'd know that one day I'd like to get a tattoo. I've already got the design all worked out and the placement picked, it's a matter of finding the right artist and saving the money. And of course working in a job that allows me to be tattooed (one of the downsides of working in the theatre!)

you'd know that I have a collection of hundreds of musical theatre CDs and I know pretty much all of the words to every single one.

you'd know that I speak to my Mum at least twice a day every single day. She is my best friend, we share pretty much everything and I will never forget how lucky I am to have her.

you'd know that it's my dream to one day own my own business. I'm not sure what I'd do quite yet, I have so many different ideas at any one time, but the thought of working for myself makes me so happy! It's the biggest dream I have and I really hope it comes true one day.

you'd know that something I can't stand is people being impolite. I cannot bear it when someone talks to me in a rude or disdainful manner, or cuts a queue or doesn't wait for other people to get off of the tube before they barge on themselves. Things like that really get my goat! It's just simple manners, it's really not that hard! *And breathe*

you'd know that I still buy hard copies of books, CDs and DVDs (I tried a kindle once and it was just too lifeless), that my favourite part of a holiday is coming home, that ET the extra terrestrial scares the bejesus out of me, that I have a strange obsession with vintage luggage and a need to buy every piece I see, that I one day to hope to own a pug, that I have a hopeless sci fi/fantasy addiction (The Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Buffy, Angel, Star Wars, the list goes on), that I'd choose a tea party over a wild night out any day, that I worry about pretty much everything and everyone, that I have a hopeless cake addiction, and that I have the biggest girl crush ever on Dita Von Teese and if I was ever lucky enough to meet her there's a good chance I would propose to her.

So, how about you my lovely readers? :)

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm a secret blogger too, it just feels so much easier and has allowed me to explore what I like without worrying about what people I know IRL think of it. It's freeing! I grew up with two sisters and never kept a diary for fear of them finding it and making fun of me, in a way writing on a blog doesn't make much sense because it's published for anyone to see! I still can't face writing about my feelings much because I know how changeable they are and how stupid I'll feel re-reading things later on, but when I have done it's been pretty cathartic.
Also, I love the combination of red Ceylon + bunny belt :)

Lynne Williams said...

How nice of you to "lift the veil". It makes we wish that we could knit together on the tube while discussing costume selections of our favorite musicals. That by politely standing in a que we could teach others how to do so as well....I have enjoyed following your blog and getting to know you. My best wishes to you on all your dreams. Remember that love is about acceptance and forgiveness and that self employment is about self discipline and goal setting...I can recommend both highly:D

Ginger said...

It's so fun hearing more about you! I would love to meet you in real life! I'm pretty secretive about my blogging, too-- a few of my closest friends know about it, and my sister reads my blog, but otherwise I get super embarrassed when people find out about it (like when my coworker did this week and SHOWED MY BLOG TO MY BOSS-- brat!).

Oh, and as the owner of two pugs... do it! They're the best little cuddlers, and I'm so happy to see them the minute I get home from work! :)

ilovefilm85 said...

What a lovely post, we have so much in common. I am currently in the same situation with my loved one, so scared about living together I mean its a massive step, but I hope it will be fun, we are having so much trouble trying to get a mortgage, but I have my head in the clouds buying home stuff! I have not told many people about my blog in my 'real' life for the same reasons. I mean today an entire family slowed down to laugh at me and my outfit, most days it doesn't get to me, but jeez people can be impolite! I also want to own my own business, a cinema. Anywho I have blabbered for too long. Thank you for this lovely insight into your life xxx

Cassie Stephens said...

It's Official: You are Awesome! I love this post! What a fun read. You are too clever and too cute. So glad you have a blog for me to read ;)...Cassie

Danielle from Australia said...

What a lovely, lovely, lovely post. It is an age since I moved in with my sweetheart (12 years!) but it is just lovely to hear someone else's heart and realise how alike we all really are underneath. Thanks for sharing ^_^

Kat Hardisty said...

I loved reading this - such a fabulous post! Thanks for sharing. :-)


I totally hear you about people with bad manners. Argh! Why?!!!!


Best of luck with moving in with your sweetheart. :-)

Sarah Rooftops said...

I would join you for that tea party - rather than that a crowed club which is too loud to make conversation in.

Me said...

testing

Alice Boisset said...

Hello and nice to meet you. You seems like a lovely person and I love all your crafty adventures. Looking at your self portrait made me think that I miss my red lipstick and I definitely need to buy one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...